Make a Gift
For the children of Opportunity School, a gift of any size helps to support their learning and development. Gifts of time, in-kind gifts, and regular financial support are needed throughout the year. There are many ways to support Opportunity School with your time, talent, and treasure:
- Financial Gifts – In order to maintain our commitment high quality education experiences for our students, we must annually meet out operating needs. Fifty-six percent of funds raised are provided by community donations.
- LIPS – In 2016, LIPS! celebrates its 24th year of light-hearted entertainment by local celebrities. This is the school’s biggest night.
- Annual and Year-End Campaigns – Each year, we ask for support from the Amarillo community with a Spring Appeal and Year-End campaigns. This also gives us the opportunity to update donors about the school.
- Planned Giving – If children and education are your passions, you can leave a lasting legacy with a planned gift by including Opportunity School in your will or trust.
- Gifts of time – Share your talents as office and library volunteers, guest readers, teacher appreciation volunteers or help with events at the school. Everything from gardeners to handy men and women can contribute their talents to special projects around the school.
Opportunity School recognizes donors and volunteers in our newsletters, annual report, during donor appreciation events and throughout the year. Additional recognition opportunities are available for event underwriters and through membership of the Board of Trustees. Donors may also choose to remain anonymous, if they wish.